Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is your favorite breakfast food? Mine is Classic French Toast, for sure. The other night, we were having breakfast for dinner (which the kids love) and my daughter suggested French Toast instead of pancakes this time.
She didn’t have to ask me twice. I immediately looked in my grandma’s cookbook for the recipe. It is slightly different than what my mom used to make so I adapted it to make it my own.
The French Toast recipe from my grandma did not have any cinnamon, so I made sure to add some. It didn’t call for vanilla either and I wish I would have added some. Maybe next time.
Equipment You May Need
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Use actual French bread and let it sit out for a day or two so it’s a little dry.
- When dipping the bread in the egg mix, it is easiest to use tongs.
- I also like to use a large bowl with a wide bottom so the bread can fully soak.
- To cook the toast, I like to use a griddle pan on the stove.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you prefer waffles instead, try my Chocolate Waffle Recipe. It is a family favorite as well! Pancakes are also great for breakfast or brunch. These Sweet Milk Griddle Cakes are a classic pancake from the 1940’s. Baking Powder Biscuits are a delicious option for biscuits and gravy. For something classic and different, you may want to try Corinne’s Dutch Pancake recipe. If you want to try a trendy recipe, try this Mini Donut Cereal. Want more breakfast ideas? Check out Lynn’s 40+ Summer Inspired Breakfast Recipes!
What toppings do you like on your French Toast? I prefer syrup and powdered sugar. I have a huge sweet tooth!
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Slices Bread
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Stir together eggs, milk, salt, and cinnamon.
- Use tongs to quickly dip bread into mixture. Let excess liquid drip back into bowl.
- Brown on flat griddle.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.