Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you ever get a craving for something and immediately search for a recipe to make it? That is exactly what happened to me with these Easy Lemon Bars! I couldn’t find any recipes for them in my vintage cookbooks, so I had to consult my newer books. Luckily, I found this recipe in a cookbook that my mom recently gave me.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
- Use a pastry blender to mix flour, powdered sugar, and butter
- Let bars cool before cutting
- Add lemon zest for stronger flavor
Other Recipes You Might Like
If you want to stick with lemon, you may like No Bake Lemon Cheesecake, Lemon Gold Cake , Lemon Icebox Cake, or Lemon Pudding Cookies. Is lemon not for you? You might like my Strawberry Cream Pie or my Chocolate Shortbread Cookies. If you have to stay away from gluten, you may want to try these Gluten Free Madeleines from Fearless Dining.
Final Thoughts on Easy Lemon Bars
This recipe was quick and easy to make and had just the right amount of lemon flavor for me. It wasn’t too tart, but just tart enough to enjoy. Some lemon desserts make my mouth pucker, but this one didn’t, which I appreciated. If you love lemons, you will like these bars.
What is your favorite lemon dessert?
Easy Lemon Bars
- 2¼ Cups Flour divided
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Cold Butter cubed
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ⅔ Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together 2 cups flour and ½ cup powdered sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press into an ungreased 9 in. x 13 in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set on cooling rack to cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, beat eggs, sugar, lemon juice, baking powder, and ¼ cup flour until frothy.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lighly browned.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar on top.
- Allow 30 minutes to an hour for cooling before cutting.
Adapted from “The Best of Country Cooking 2009”
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.