Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you a Tartar sauce fan? If so, you will love this Easy Tartar Sauce Recipe!
We had fish sticks for dinner tonight and ran out of tartar sauce. My kids use it a lot! I grabbed my grandpa’s cookbook because it was full of sauce recipes.
When looking for recipes, I always start with my vintage cookbooks, including my grandpa’s typewritten cookbook. Looking it up online might be quicker, but I prefer the old-fashioned research method!
My grandpa’s cookbook had an Easy Tartar Sauce Recipe so I was good to go!
What Ingredients Will You Need?
- Lemon Juice
- Hot Sauce
- Minced Onion
- Dried Parsley
- Dill Pickles or Sweet Pickle Relish
Helpful Tips for Making my grandpa’s Easy Tartar Sauce Recipe
- If you’re worried about the hot sauce, there is not enough to make the tartar sauce spicy. It is just enough to add a unique flavor.
- This recipe does not need to be exact. You can add more or fewer ingredients to make it right for your tastebuds.
- Some additional suggestions for ingredients include hard-boiled chopped egg, tarragon, chives, and/or Dijon mustard.
Other Recipes You May Like
If you like tartar sauce, you might also enjoy the Best Barbecue Sauce. For your main dish, you may want to try Classic Minestrone Soup or Grandpa’s Tuna Casserole. Finish off your meal with Melting Moments or Traditional Rum Balls.
Easy Tartar Sauce
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- ⅛ t Hot Sauce
- 1 T Minced Onion
- 1 t Dried Parsley or 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 T Chopped Dill Pickles or Sweet Pickle Relish
- Stir ingredients together and chill for about an hour.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for about one week.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.