Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer means berries! Blueberries are almost in season here, and I couldn’t wait to make dessert with them. This Blueberry Crisp Recipe was perfect for our family 4th of July celebration.
Most of the ingredients for this recipe are probably already in your cupboard. The only thing you may have to buy is the blueberries. Once they are in season, they are everywhere. If you can’t find any fresh blueberries, frozen ones will work too.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
- Lemon Juice
- Brown Sugar
Helpful Tips for Making the Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- If making with frozen blueberries, it may take longer to bake. After 35 minutes, check every 2-3 minutes.
- The crisp is done when the top is slightly brown on top.
- For best flavor, serve warm.
Other Recipes You Might Like
If you are looking for ways to use our blueberries, you may also enjoy these Blueberry Melba Parfaits or this Victory Blueberry Pie. Other fruit recipes on my blog include Classic Banana Pudding, No Bake Lemon Cheesecake, and Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler. Other bloggers also have some delicious blueberry recipes, like this Blueberry Pretzel Salad from Tonia at The Gunny Sack or these Banana Blueberry Muffins from Sage at Sage Alpha Gal.
Final Thoughts on the Blueberry Crisp Recipe
This recipe was easy to make and my family really enjoyed it. We have also liked heating up the leftovers and topping it with vanilla ice cream! It was perfectly crisp on top and juicy on the bottom, as Blueberry Crisp should be!
What is your favorite blueberry dessert?
Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- 4 Cups Blueberries fresh
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- ⅓ Cup Flour sifted
- ¾ Cup Oats quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place blueberries into 1½ quart baking dish evenly.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar gradually and cream until well blended.
- Use a fork to blend flour and oats into mixture.
- Spread over blueberries.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes.
Adapted from “The American-International Encyclopedic Cookbook” by Anne London, copyright 1972
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.