Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is almost July, so I definitely don’t want to turn on my oven right now. But, I wanted cookies! So, I searched for no-bake cookies in my newest vintage cookbook, and found Corn Flake Cookies! They are made with chocolate and peanut butter, which is a favorite flavor combination of mine.
Sidenote: this cookbook has been on my wanted list for many years. My grandpa gave it as a wedding gift until 1990 when he could no longer find it. What cookbook is it? It’s “The American-International Encyclopedia Cookbook” by Anne London. The one I found at the local vendor’s market is in almost mint condition, too! If you can find one, I highly recommend it.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
- Chunky Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Corn Flakes
Helpful Tips for Making Corn Flake Cookies
- If the marshmallows don’t seem to be melting on the lowest heat, gradually (and slowly) increase the heat.
- It is very important to stir constantly so it doesn’t burn!
- For best results, use butter (instead of cooking spray) to grease the dish the cookies are going in.
- Use Frosted Flakes instead of Corn Flakes for an even sweeter cookie!
- Smooth peanut butter can be used instead of chunky peanut butter, if you prefer.
- Use regular marshmallows in place of mini marshmallows. I would recommend cutting them in fourths for them to melt more quickly.
Other Recipes You Might Like
If you like using Corn Flakes, try Strawberry Cream Pie with a Corn Flake crust or Corn Flake Macaroons. Unicorn Rice Krispie Treats from Nicole at Everyday Thrifty are another fun way to use cereal to make sweets. You can also try these No Bake Hot Chocolate Mix Cookies from Elise at What the Fab. Victory Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic cookie that everyone will love! Quick Oatmeal Cookies are always a hit around here, too. Carrot Cookies with Orange Frosting are a unique cookie to try as well. Whatever you are craving, I’m sure there is a cookie to satisfy you!
Final Thoughts on Corn Flake Cookies
These cookies will definitely be made again in our house! We all love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. They were very easy to make, and I love that I didn’t have to use the oven. In the summer, that is always a plus.
Have you made no bake cookies or desserts? Which ones?
Corn Flake Cookies
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter crunchy
- 8 Ounces Marshmallows mini
- 2 Ounces Chocolate unsweetened
- 3 Cups Corn Flakes
- Butter an 8-inch square dish and set aside.
- Cook butter, peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat when all ingredients are melted and well-blended.
- Add Corn Flakes and stir until Corn Flakes are coated in chocolate mixture.
- Pack into prepared 8-inch square dish.
- Once cool, cut into bars.
Adapted from “The American-International Encyclopedia Cookbook” copyright 1972.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.