Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
September is almost over and I’ve been seeing pumpkin spice in the stores for almost a month now. Fall is this week and so it is time for a pumpkin recipe – Easy Pumpkin Bread!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Canned Pumpkin
Equipment You May Need
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and then pour the eggs into the recipe. This helps avoid eggshells as it’s easier to see them and remove them from a separate bowl.
- Be sure to get canned pumpkin and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- This recipe can sometimes take a bit longer to bake. Be sure to make sure it is done by inserting a wooden pick. If it comes out clean, it is done. If not, put the bread back in for about 2 minutes at a time and keep checking.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter. Stir in just before transferring to loaf pans.
- Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter. Stir in just before transferring to loaf pans.
- Add 1/2 cup raisins to the batter. Stir in just before transferring to loaf pans.
Other Recipes You May Like
Cinnamon Raisin Bread and Old-Fashioned Banana Bread are other delicious quick breads you might enjoy. Glazed Cherry Bread and Gluten Free Zucchini Bread are also quite yummy. If you want to stick with pumpkin, you may want to try Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.
Final Thoughts on Easy Pumpkin Bread
I have always loved pumpkin-flavored everything so it’s no surprise that I loved this bread. My family ate it right up, too! We will be having it again, for sure. Are you a pumpkin fan? Do you like pumpkin bread? If so, I hope you try this recipe!
Easy Pumpkin Bread
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cloves
- 2 Cups Pumpkin (one 16 ounce can)
- ⅔ Cup Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease two 8x4x2 loaf pans and set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and cloves.
- In separate bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Beat pumpkin and oil into eggs.
- Add pumpkin mixture into flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan onto cooling rack.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.