Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall is just beginning, so I don’t know about you, but I’m still in the mood for pumpkin everything! This Pumpkin Torte recipe is a new favorite in our house. The different layers and textures are so flavorful; I can’t get enough!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Unflavored Gelatin
- Cool Whip
Equipment You May Need
- Rolling Pin
- 9″x13″ Baking Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Electric Mixer
- Egg Separator
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
Helpful Tips for Making Pumpkin Torte
- Be sure to get canned pumpkin and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and then pour the eggs into the recipe. This helps avoid eggshells as it’s easier to see them and remove them from a separate bowl.
- To create graham cracker crumbs, place graham crackers in a gallon zip-top bag. Use a rolling pin to crush.
- Make sure to make this dish with plenty of time for cooling between adding layers.
Variations and Substitutes
- Use crushed walnuts in place of graham crackers.
- Use butternut squash in place of pumpkin.
- Use Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese. Strain overnight the night before for a more solid texture.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts to add crunch.
Other Recipes You May Like
Easy Pumpkin Bread is a quick and yummy fall favorite. You might also want to try my Pumpkin Chiffon Pie which is a fun twist on a classic. Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies and Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats are also delicious. Pumpkin Brownies are a good option as well. If you are looking for a vegan treat, try this Pumpkin Chia Pudding.
Final Thoughts on Pumpkin Torte
This Pumpkin Torte was absolutely amazing! My husband requested that I make it at Thanksgiving in place of pumpkin pie. That is saying something since pumpkin pie is his favorite! If you love pumpkin desserts, you have to try this one. It will not disappoint!
What is your favorite pumpkin dessert?
- 1½ Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ Cup Butter melted
- 2 Cups Sugar divided
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3 Eggs Separated
- 15 Ounces Canned Pumpkin
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Ounce Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- ¼ Cup Cold Water
- 8 Ounces Cool Whip thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 9"x13" baking pan and set aside.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and ½ cup sugar in a bowl.
- Press into 9"x13" baking pan. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, and ¾ cup sugar until fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- While the above is baking, combine 3 egg yolks, pumpkin, milk, salt, cinnamon, and ½ cup sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the cold water and add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Remove from heat and let the pumpkin mixture cool completely.
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat together 3 egg whites and ¼ cup sugar until fluffy.
- Fold egg white mixture into pumpkin mixture and pour over cooled cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and serve.
*Adapted from Game-Day Fanfare by Gooseberry Patch
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.