Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Mint Truffles? Yes, you read that correctly! Okay, so this is really the Oreo truffles that many people make, but I prefer to make them with mint Oreos because that is my favorite flavor combination!
My friend actually thought that I made them with the Thin Mint cookies from Girl Scouts, which you could also do. However, I hoard those for myself and don’t share them, haha!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Cream Cheese
- Mint Oreos
- Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
Equipment You May Need
- Food Processor
- Medium-sized bowl
- Cookie Sheets
- Double Boiler
- I have tried using chocolate chips in a pinch and they really don’t melt and coat the truffles as well as the baking chocolate does. If that’s all you have, chocolate chips will work, but they won’t be as easy to work with.
- The cream cheese has to be softened, so if I remember, I set it out a couple of hours before I am going to make these.
- To crush the Oreos, you can put them in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin or use a food processor if you have one.
- Fair warning: when rolling the balls, your hands will get messy!
- Use peanut butter Oreos for peanut butter truffles
- Use golden Oreos with white chocolate
- Use plain Oreos for cookies and cream truffles
Other Recipes You May Like
If you like these, you will love this Christmas Mint Candy or these Chocolate Mint Dreams. Homemade Gumdrops and Carrot Cake Truffles are usually a hit too. Cookies are also a good option, so try these Mashed Potato Cookies or these Lacy Oatmeal Cookies. Another fun way to use Oreos is to make these Oreo Penguins.
Easy Mint Truffles
- 1 Package Mint Oreos 16 Ounces
- 1 Package Cream Cheese 8 Ounces, Softened
- 4 Packages Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate 8 Ounces, Melted
- Crush Oreos in food processor or place Oreos in a plastic zip top bag and seal then use a rolling pin to crush Oreos into crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a medium-sized bowl and add softened cream cheese. Stir until well blended.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Roll mixture into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter and place about an inch apart on wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- After 30 minutes to an hour, remove the cookie sheet from the freezer.
- Melt chocolate in top pan of double boiler.
- Use a spoon to dip the balls in the chocolate. Place back on wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until set; about an hour.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.