Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s hard to believe it’s already 2022 and only a little over a month until Valentine’s Day. I like making red and pink desserts for February 14th, so I decided to test Strawberry Angel Food Delight last weekend. It is delicious and simple!
The recipe says to use a box mix to make the angel food cake, which I did. To make it easier and quicker, you can also buy a pre-made angel food cake from the bakery. Either way, it will be yummy!
I had never made angel food cake from scratch or from a box so I didn’t know how much it would expand when it was baked. It cooked over the top of the pan and some of it burned on the bottom of my oven. Luckily, the cake still turned out delicious! Make sure you leave extra room in your pan, whether using a tube pan or loaf pan to make it.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Angel Food Cake
- Strawberry Jell-O
Equipment You May Need
- Bread Knife
- 9×13 Cake Pan
- Glass Bowl
- After making the cake, you have to cut it up into 1-inch squares and layer the bottom of a cake pan. The easiest way to cut it up is with a cake knife or a bread knife. Angel food cake is very fluffy, so it can be challenging to cut otherwise.
- The next step is to put halved strawberries over the cake pieces. Try to spread them out as evenly as you can so that every piece of cake has some strawberries in it. I used thawed frozen strawberries, but you can also use fresh ones.
- Then, you make the strawberry Jell-O and pour it on top and place the Strawberry Angel Food Delight in the fridge to set. After that, spread Cool Whip or another whipped topping over the whole cake and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour. Decorate with red sprinkles or garnish with strawberries before serving.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Have you ever made angel food cake? How did it turn out?
Strawberry Angel Food Delight
- 1 package angel food cake mix (or pre-made angel food cake)
- 1 package frozen or fresh strawberry halves 16 ounces, thawed
- 1 package strawberry Jell-O 8 servings
- Prepare angel food cake as directed on box. Cool cake as directed.
- Drain thawed strawberries and cut in half.
- Once cooled, cut angel food cake into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife.
- Layer bottom of 9×13 pan with cake pieces.
- Place halved strawberries on top of cake pieces evenly.
- Make strawberry Jell-O according to package directions. While still liquid, pour over cake and strawberries.
- Place in refrigerator to set for about 4 hours.
- Once set, spread Cool Whip on top evenly.
- If desired, garnish with strawberries.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.