Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer is coming soon, which means grilling, camping, and all things outdoors! One of my favorite outdoor treats is a s’more. I have made them in so many different ways over the years, but Cake S’mores are new to me this year.
What Ingredients Will I Need?
- 1 Pre-Made Loaf Cake (any flavor)
- 3 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars (Hershey’s are best)
- 1/2 Jar Marshmallow Cream
Helpful Tips for Making Cake S’mores
- Turn cake over halfway through cooking time
- About halfway through, check on chocolate to see how much it has melted
- Use tongs to turn hot cake
- For added flavor, top with more marshmallow cream and an additional piece of chocolate
Variations for Cake S’mores
- Use a whole angel food cake instead of loaf cake.
- Make a cake in an 8×8 pan and cut in half to form 2 layers. Place marshmallows and chocolate in middle.
- Use marshmallows (large or small) instead of marshmallow cream.
- Dark chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, or white chocolate can be used instead of milk chocolate.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- White Chocolate Christmas Snack Mix – a no bake treat for any time of year!
- Quick Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding – an easy chocolatey dessert!
- Old-Fashioned Pecan Cake Bars
- 3-Ingredient Mint Truffles
- Strawberry Angel Food Delight
- S’mores Dip – from Five Heart Home
Cake S’mores were very easy to make and fun to eat! My whole family enjoyed them. They were very sweet, though. Make sure to have a mild drink or a salty snack to balance out all the sweetness! This is coming from a self-proclaimed sweet tooth. I will definitely make them again, though.
Have you tried s’mores before? If so, have you made them in a non-traditional way? Let me know in the comments. I would love to hear your ideas!
- 1 Loaf Cake pre-sliced
- 3 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars broken into pieces
- ½ Jar Marshmallow Cream
- Spread a thin layer of marshmallow cream on half of the slices of loaf cake.
- Place a piece of chocolate on top of the marshmallow cream.
- Top with second slice of loaf cake to form a sandwich.
- Wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil individually.
- Place on grill 6 inches above flame or hot coals.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning and checking halfway through.
- When filling is melted, cake s'mores are done.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from “The Pillsbury Family Cookbook” Copyright 1963
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.