Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As summer comes to an end, I don’t know about you, but I’m still craving cool treats. This Chocolate Milkshake Recipe is perfect for those warm, late summer and early autumn evenings.
Milkshakes are fun because there are so many different ways to make them and vary the flavors. The recipe below is just the way I prefer to make mine. Enjoy!
What Ingredients Will I Need?
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
Equipment You May Need
Helpful Tips for Making the Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- Use crushed ice or crush the ice before putting it in the blender to make it easier to blend.
- The harder the ice cream is, the better. If it’s too soft, you will have chocolate milk instead of a chocolate shake.
- For a richer flavor, add more chocolate syrup.
- For a thicker shake, add more ice. For a thinner shake, add less ice.
- Mint Chocolate: add 3 drops of peppermint extract.
- Banana: use 1 ripe medium-sized banana instead of chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate.
- Strawberry: use 2 cups fresh strawberries in place of chocolate syrup and vanilla or strawberry ice cream in place of chocolate.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate: Add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Another frozen dessert you may enjoy is my Blueberry Melba Parfaits, which is a delicious layered dessert with blueberries and vanilla ice cream. If you want to make your own ice cream, you might want to try my No Churn Custard Ice Cream. Top it off with this Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping. If you prefer strawberries to chocolate, you may like this Strawberry Frappuccino. For a more grown-up treat, you may like this Boozy Milkshake. In the month of October, you may want to try this Hocus Pocus Halloween Milkshake.
Final Thoughts on the Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
This recipe was quick and easy to make so I will definitely be making it again. Next time, I might make a different flavor, though. My family really enjoyed it and my kids were asking to have shakes the next night as well! I’m probably going to limit them to one shake per week, lol.
Do you have a favorite milkshake flavor? If so, what is it?
Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- 1 Blender
- 1 Ice Cream Scoop
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1½ Cups Ice
- Whipped Cream optional
- Chocolate Sprinkles optional
- Pour 1 cup milk into blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup.
- Add 2 scoops chocolate ice cream.
- Add 1 cup ice.
- Blend until the mixture is the consistency you desire.
- Pour into serving glass.
- Optional: top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.