Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Super Bowl is fast approaching and if you’re like me, you will need some savory snacks to munch on. Even though we won’t be having a party this year, our little family of five will still have a huge spread of appetizers and salty treats to eat, including Snack Mix. What is football without food?
I usually make this snack mix for Christmas to balance out all of the sweet goodies I bake, mostly because my mom and grandma always made it at that time of year. This recipe came from my great-grandma, so it is really special to me. Whenever I make it, I imagine my great-grandma cooking it in her tiny 1930’s kitchen where my grandma grew up. It is similar to Chex Mix, but it has a few different ingredients that make it taste a little better in my opinion. I especially love the Cheerio’s. They taste amazing toasted!
If you have more of a sweet tooth, you might like my White Chocolate Christmas Snack Mix.
Pro tip: This makes a small batch. I highly suggest doubling it or making 2 batches in a row. It will go fast!
2 Cups pretzel sticks
1 1/2 Cups Cheerio’s
1 1/2 Cups Rice Chex
1 1/2 Cups Wheat Chex
1 Cup Salted Peanuts
1/3 Cup Butter
4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon celery salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix ingredients in large bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave and stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour onto baking sheet (with edges) and spread out evenly.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes for about 30 minutes.
- 2 Cups Pretzel Sticks
- 1½ Cups Cheerio's
- 1½ Cups Rice Chex
- 1½ Cups Wheat Chex
- 1 Cup Salted Peanuts
- ⅓ Cup Butter Melted
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine cereal, peanuts, and pretzels in large bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Stir seasonings into butter.
- Pour butter and seasoning mix over dry ingredients.
- Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet (with sides) and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.